Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Quiet Time & Taunting Squirrels

Yesterday I had the opportunity to join two good friends, a son of one, and their father for quiet time in the woods. I would say I went deer hunting, but I think you have to see a deer to make that statement (that's right, 3 1/2 hours of listening to leaves in the wind). The squirrels were having fun taunting me by running through the leaves making noises that sounded like footsteps. I am pretty sure they knew what they were doing. They were just lucky that I had high hopes, all the way until dark, that a deer would walk through near me.

While out there, it gave me plenty of time to pray, think, and enjoy. As I sat in the calmness, I was able to take the time to pray in a way that my busy day doesn't always allow for. I was able to think about the beauty of God's creations. It also allowed me to think about my family and other parts of my life. What I am thankful for and what I would like to change. I have to say even though my life doesn't always seem perfect, I have a lot to be thankful for. Yesterday gave me the opportunity to realize that through slowing down and taking time to do so. I would encourage all of you to take some time out of your busy schedule and spend some quiet time (outside away from the busy-ness of our hectic lives) in prayer, thought, and awe of God's work. I am pretty sure you will find it peaceful, comforting, and energizing. Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment