Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

A Reflection About My Week

After a week of good and bad news, I wanted to focus on being thankful. This past week was a great week for me personally. I had a wonderful time with my family, a great week of business, and to top it off we had a great time watching the Super Bowl with our pastor and his wife.

On the flip side, two acquaintances (one from growing up and one from college) lost their wives this week. One really hit me hard because his wife was nine months pregnant with their first child. The daughter was "delivered" but is in critical condition. The reason I felt this one more is because my wife is seven and a half months pregnant. To think how one must feel losing a spouse (especially at such a young age) is nauseating in itself. The thought of losing your spouse and an unborn child is enough to bring one to their knees.

The reason for this post is two-fold. First, I ask that you pray for both of these families who are facing this grieving time. And that you pray for the baby girl who is still fighting for her life. Second, pray for your family and their safety. Show them how thankful you are for them and how much you love them. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment