Pages

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Falling Off A Toilet

I want to talk about the ability to not take yourself too seriously. I think it is very important as a leader or someone trying to become more of a leader to be able to laugh at one's self. Today, I am going to tell you a story that will hopefully show you that I can laugh at myself as I work towards becoming more of a leader. I felt I should share this story also, because my wife laughed hysterically for a large chunk of the evening last night because of it. She then said I really need to share it (plus I thought she might try to post about it on her blog).

Last night I was using the bathroom at my house (sorry for the possible visual). I shifted my weight and I heard a snap. The next thing I knew, I was falling towards the floor. I landed on my side making a loud thud (remember that part). It took a second for it to register that...I FELL OFF MY TOILET! I started to laugh. I then got up and looked to see that my plastic toilet seat had snapped off where it attaches to the toilet. I put it back in place and finished my time in the bathroom. I came down stairs and warned my wife that the seat was broken. I then asked if she heard the loud thud. She started laughing. She then said that she heard it, but thought that it was our daughter jumping around. I told her that I am thankful that I wasn't seriously hurt or I might still be up there on the floor. Later that evening, as we lay in bed, she started laughing hysterically again. I knew right away what she was laughing about. I'm glad she could have such a good laugh at my expense. I must say though, so did I. (Added note: As my wife proofread my blog this morning (because she happened to be up before I posted) she almost spit coffee out onto the computer as she started laughing hysterically again)

Hope hope you had at least a chuckle as you read my blog today. But please remember the point of the story also. Be able to laugh at yourself. Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

  1. Nate , I just want to say that I did not raise my daugter to laugh at others misfortunes. She got that from her Grandma Meredith.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you tried hard to raise her right. Sometimes they stray from their teachings. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A guy at work just came back to work after a couple weeks off because he fell off his toilet and cracked a couple ribs on the tub. Be thankful all you got was a good laugh. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That last comment was made by Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is funny, dad! Not that he got hurt, but that he fell off the toilet. Fortunately for me I fell to the opposite side of the toilet as my tub.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is funny! lol. glad you are ok. That would be embarrassing to "fall off the tiolet" and REALLY get hurt, and have to tell people HOW it happened? lol. funny though, and I can so see sarah laughing, and almost spitting coffee all over while proofreading it! LOL

    ReplyDelete