Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hope

For the past several days I have been thinking a lot about a blog that I wrote a couple weeks back titled "Tribulations." In that blog, I spoke of  the verse from Romans that says, "And not only that, but we also glory (rejoice) in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character hope." (Romans 5:3-4) The word hope was the piece that stayed with me. Do I really have hope in something more? Do I allow myself to hope even when it doesn't seem possible?

As I was reading last night from a book, the author talked about living a life of hope different than those around you that draws them to follow you. He said that people should see that you are living a life with a hope in God that one cannot get from other things. This reading and the verse from Romans made me start to reflect on my life and my hope. Do I have a hope in my life that I am seeking? Do I display that hope in my life in a way that creates a curiosity in others? Do I share that hope with others? Am I drawing others toward that hope?

As someone seeking to be more of a leader in multiple areas of my life, I feel I need to focus on having a hope that draws people to follow me. Not because I want people to follow me, but because I want people to seek what I am seeking. I want people to experience true hope in their life as I seek to do the the same. I HOPE that my life is drawing others to Him who gives me hope. Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

  1. If there was a "like" button for this post, I would click it! lol

    ReplyDelete