Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Please Tell Me...

I have been doing a lot of reading lately at the start of my day. I read a chapter or two from my Bible (knowing that I need to start ramping that up quite a bit) and a chapter from whatever book I am reading at the time. I find it a great way to start my day. One thing I want to add to my morning is prayer time. I know that I have the time, I just have to redo my schedule to make sure I am giving it the amount of time I feel I should give to prayer. I hope today that I can receive several responses from people to the questions I am about to ask. How do you start your day? Do you think it lends to you having a great day or does it not affect your day at all? I really do want to know your answers. I want to find out how people utilize their morning time to better prepare themselves for the day (to help me do the same) or how people might not utilize it in any way (and help them see ways that they can). Please don't be hesitant to share, you can post it as anonymous. I look forward to reading your responses. Have a blessed day!

5 comments:

  1. At the very start of my day: I drink coffee and read approximately 4 chapters of the bible each day (in preparation for my Life Transformation Group) followed by approx. 4 more chapters of the bible (Monday-Thursday; for my Sunday School class). When I arrive at work, I read a book for 30-45 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is inspiring that you read 8 chapters of the Bible each morning! I need to try to accomplish that myself. Being able to read 30-45 minutes also allows you to read quite a few books a year. Great stuff, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After preparing my husband's lunch and sending him off to work, I have coffee and Bible time. I have been reading 3 chapters a day (until the last few days when I've made excuses...honesty) plus several specific passages I've chosen for this season in my life. I have done very poorly at reading books in the last year. I have to work diligently at scheduling a time for that. But your encouragement and example help. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I'm not religious, there's no Bible reading for me in the morning (or any other part of the day, for that matter), but 3-4 mornings a week I will start my day off with a run. I'm not at all a morning person, but I discovered pretty quickly after Hayden was born that my only guaranteed time to myself was before he and Andy are awake, so I'll go at 5 a.m. during the week and between 6:30 and 7:30 on the weekend. It might sound silly, but I think this does the same for me as what reading the Bible does for you - brings me peace in order to face the day and be the best wife and mother that I can be. It works so well, in fact, that I'm hoping to add some swimming to my other mornings - I'm pretty sure I'd fall asleep if I tried reading anything at that time of day. I do my reading later in the day.

    This, of course, is followed by coffee. A lot of coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your comments. I really enjoyed reading them. path4ward, I can understand the trouble with reading. Until recently, I never found time to fit it in. Now I get up 30 minutes earlier so that I make sure I have that quiet time in the morning. I also try to read for at least 15 minutes before I go to bed.

    Kami, I am impressed that you get up at 5:00am during the week and run. That is one area I struggle to discipline myself (running). I understand what you are saying about how running brings you peace. I know for my brother he talks about the "running high" he experiences and how he loves the feeling he has from it. I would need lots of coffee if I woke up at that time myself. LOL! Good luck on the swimming. Let me know how that goes for you.

    ReplyDelete