Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Too Busy!

Quite often I find myself saying I am too busy to do something, whether it is something for work, church, family, or a friend. Reading this morning, the book was talking about time management. It asked if it really is a lack of time or a lack of scheduling. What the book meant by scheduling is that a person needs to specifically structure their day. Too often I put a few things into my day and leave the rest of it open for things that might come up or relaxation time. Yes I work every Monday through Friday, but it doesn't mean I deserve to come home and be a couch potato the rest of the evening. If I set up a schedule then I can utilize my time better to accomplish more and potentially still have time to relax at the end of the day.

Having a wife and children make scheduling even more important. It is very easy for me to sit down at the computer and check my email, read some blogs, and surf the web after work, stealing time from my family. Stealing might sound a little harsh, but that is what I am doing if I ignore them for my own pleasure. We don't have a television, but the same can be said for plopping down on the couch and turning on the TV. I have really tried hard to come home after work, say hello to my wife and ask about her day then go and play with my 3 kids. They seem to really enjoy it even if I am a little tired.

I hope that you will take the time to set a daily schedule for yourself to optimize your time with a goal of improving your family time and Bible time (I will try to discuss Bible time in a later blog). A book that has been helping me walk through this process is "Redeeming the Time" by Steve Maxwell. Good luck and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment