Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Tribulations

Last night while reading, I cam across a verse that I really liked. Quite often I look at tribulations or troubles as bad things. I even hear people say that it must be Satan attacking you because God would not allow something like that to happen. I have even been questioned how God could allow bad things to happen to people, especially children. In Romans 5:3-4 says, "And not only that, but we also glory (rejoice) in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character hope." I think these verses show that just because we have faith in the Lord and are Christians doesn't mean our lives will be like skipping through fields of daisies. Instead, we will face tribulations just the same, if not more, that will allow us to seek His face and draw closer to Him. And as we go through the tribulations with a focus on God, we build character through perseverance which gives us a hope for a better tomorrow. If you are going through a time of trials, keep your faith and focus on the Lord. By doing so you can persevere with hope in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment