Pages

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sorry for the Absence!

It has been a long week for my family and me. I am not writing this for sympathy, but to share my thoughts on someone I loved dearly (and still do). Someone who was a great leader and example for his family. Last Wednesday night my grandfather, who was 81 years old, went into the hospital and passed early Saturday morning. Family came in town on Thursday and my parents are still here (which we enjoy). Even though it has been a sad time for our family, we have learned a lot. It was amazing to see how such a quiet, family-focused, God-loving person could be special to so many people in his community and beyond. As we reflected on his life with everyone, we saw a picture of someone who loved God most and loved others as himself. He enjoyed bringing a smile to people's faces even if he didn't know them. He had a giving heart to his family and friends. He will be missed dearly. We love you, Grandpa!

He served his country in the Army, served his community as a volunteer firefighter and a school teacher, served his church as a greeter, and served his family as a great example. We thank you for all that you did, Grandpa!

Today, take the time to thank someone in your life for being a great example to you. Today, tell someone you love them. Today, serve someone that is special to you. Today, thank someone for serving our country. Today, live it to the fullest. Have a blessed day!

4 comments:

  1. Your grandpa was all of those and very special to many. You were blessed to have him. I love what Pastor Mark said, " He went to Hutch's and ended up in heaven", sad for us but what a trip for him. You will all be joined up again "on that day"..praise the Lord for hope. We are keeping you and your family in our prayers. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gwen! I thought Mark did a wonderful service for Grandpa. He will be missed. Thanks for your supports.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Son I am so proud of you. Grandpa had told me how proud he was of you too and by writing this it shows why.

    Love
    Dad H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks dad! I appreciate the kind words.

    ReplyDelete