Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Two Great Books!

I finished two books I had been reading for a while last night. I really enjoyed both of them. My wife had a doctor's appointment and met up afterward with a friend for coffee and I was able to get the kids to bed at a decent time, so I was able to get a good amount of reading done.

The first book is "Redeeming the Time" by Steven Maxwell. It is a great book for men. It is about time management and using it the way God intended a man to use his time. Steven is very matter-of-fact in the book. I learned a lot about how to utilize my time best so that I can do better at leading my family in a Godly way. Even if you are not a Christian this book has a lot of great time management advice in it. It is a must read for men who feel they have no more time in their day.

The second book is "Don't Waste Your Life" by John Piper. In this book, he talks about living a Christ-centered life. In doing so, you will live life to the fullest. I really like how simple he laid out his reasoning. I think this would be a great book for someone to read that is unsure whether they are doing what God wants them to be doing in their life. The second to last chapter was a very challenging one (in terms of the topic, not the difficulty of words). I don't want to spoil it for anyone so I won't elaborate on it.

If you have read a good book lately, please share in the comments. I always enjoy seeing what people are reading and try to read good books that people recommend. I typically read books on self-development, leadership, the Bible, etc; but it doesn't mean I would pick up a novel on occasion. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. Family Driven Faith by Voddie Baucham, Jr. Just blew me away. I'll bring it today to show you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the suggestion, Jeremy. I look forward to reading that book. Also, I really enjoyed our lunch discussion yesterday. BTW, James' email was very interesting! We will have to talk about that soon.

    ReplyDelete