Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ask This & Listen

While reading from Gary Chapman's book "The 5 Love Languages," I felt challenged to ask my wife a specific question. It was not comfortable for me to ask it, but I knew it would only improve our relationship. So after a few, long, agonizing minutes of torturing myself contemplating whether I should as or not, I went for it. And...the result was worth the agony! She and I had a great conversation as a result of the question. We discussed both her thoughts and my thoughts regarding the topic. I know that I felt significantly better after the time we spent together. I am sure she did also.

So with that said, I want to challenge you to ask the same question to your significant other. In doing so, I believe you will see positive results as well. I am not saying it will be easy to do, but I think it is well worth asking. Especially if you and your significant other are at a point in your relationship where you are struggling, this will help the two of you understand each other more and start to work at developing a better relationship. Here is the question:

"When do you feel the most loved by me?"

I hope to be able to read some responses from you on your experiences after asking this question. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment