Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

I Wasted It!

I am currently reading a book written by John Piper called "Don't Waste Your Life." This post is not a rewiew of the book nor is it an attempt to recommend the book. I will save both of those for when I finish the book. What I want to do is challenge you on something that challenged me in the first chapter. John wrote a story about a gentleman that was not a Christian for most of his life. The local church prayed for him regularly, but saw little in return. John's father was a visiting preacher one week at the church and the gentleman showed up. At the end of the service he accepted Christ while talking with John's father. The man started crying and said, "I wasted it! I wasted my life." That hit me hard. I don't want to get to my final days and feel that I wasted my life on meaningless things. I want to live a fulfilling life for God and for my family. I want to become the leader I know God created me to be. I want to lead my family, my church, my community, and my business the way I now realize I was meant to do. I don't want to waste my life!

1 comment:

  1. Your life will not be wasted. You are on your way to hearing, "Well, done good and faithful servant."

    Thanks for this reminder.

    ReplyDelete