Pages

Monday, November 29, 2010

I Wouldn't Call It A Break!

My long weekend of Thankfulness is over! Leading up to a break like I had I tend to imagine that it will feel as if it will last a month. It never does. I crammed as much as I could into this past weekend (not all of which was intentional). Wednesday afternoon I had to take my GRE Test (3 hours worth) for graduate school. Thursday we woke up, prepared food and drove about an hour to the in-laws. There we had Thanksgiving dinner with about 20 people. We spent Thursday night there. Friday we relaxed for the morning, then we went to a local farm near them to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. It became late (and the kids crabby) so we stayed second night. We woke up to hurry home for my niece's 1st birthday party (which was very nice). Then off to my Grandma's house to help her pull decorations from the crawl space (all 6'2" of me in a 3' tall space lugging boxes and bags up and out the opening). We stayed for a few hours to help her decorate (I think we watched more than helped). Sunday was finally the restful weekend I expected. It still didn't feel as long of a day as I would have liked, but it was very relaxing. I was able to read a couple short books I've been meaning to read. They were great books! With all that said, it was a nice break from work. I enjoyed all the family time we had. I am thankful that we have wonderful family and friends to share our lives with. I hope you had a wonderful weekend, also. Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

  1. My "long" weekend sounds about the same as yours. I still appreciated the extra time off work. We got about halfway through the decorating we wanted to do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeremy, doesn't it always seem to go that way? I did finish all the books on family worship. I really liked the one by Joel Beeke.

    ReplyDelete