Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Fell Off A Chair!

Two nights ago I was putting a DVD into our computer for my wife and I to enjoy. She was doing something in the next room over and hear a loud thud. She looked to see me sitting on the floor. As she began to laugh (not asking if I was OK) she said, "Did you just fall off the chair?" My response to her was no, I missed the chair. She did later ask if I was OK.

While I was complaining about something from earlier to her, I tried to sit down at the chair by the desk. I missed it (well, I hit the corner and bounced off). I found it to be funny at that time myself. How do you miss a chair? I think the answer can be found in the fact that I was complaining about something. I think sometimes God might use unusual ways to redirect my thinking. This is exactly one of those times. Immediately after I fell I realized I was complaining and stopped.

Moral of the story: If you want to complain, you may be abruptly made aware of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment